31 March 1997
David G Hillier
We are introduced to the Teletubbies as they ride down the slide inside Home Hill. They enjoy Tubby Toast until the Magic Windmill spins. Following this, the characters watch a boy named Ned and his father getting ready for a bicycle trip. Po finds a flag and leads Tinky Winky on a march across Teletubbyland. Dipsy and Laa-Laa see the flag and join in. The Magic Windmill spins again and the Teletubbies go to watch a Magical Event. The Teletubbies gasp in excitement as an Animal Parade marches through Teletubbyland. Afterwards, the animals vanish. The Magic Windmill stops spinning and it's time for Tubby Bye-Bye.
Featuring: Ned and Nigel Frost
Plot (US Version)
The Teletubbies love to run and do exercises. Then they watch a boy named Ned and his father getting ready for a bicycle trip. Po finds a flag and leads Tinky Winky on a march across Teletubbyland. Dipsy and Laa-Laa see the flag and join in. Then the Teletubbies do the Up and Down Dance (shortened version) before Tubby Bye-Bye.
- This is the first episode for a few things:
- The first episode where Tinky Winky is picked for the TV Event.
- The first episode when there's no goodbye after the TV event. Instead, Ned waves his hand without saying a word.
- The first episode to feature the Animal Parade. The US Version of this episode doesn't have a magical event, but only to feature a dance.
- The first episode directed by David G. Hillier.
- The first episode to include the Home Hill 1 Opening Shot. Also, the Magic Windmill can be heard whooshing in the background.
- The first episode to include Home Hill 2, which is the Bird Eye View 1.0 windmill animation with no sparkles. A fade effect is also used.
- The first episode to use the 1995 Ragdoll logo.
- The first episode to use the 1990-1997 BBC logo.
- The first episode to use the "EMU Proteus 2 Orchestral and Proteus 3 World" for the music.
- The US Version of this episode has the Up and Down Dance (shortened version) after the Flag segment.
- Tinky Winky was the boo shouter but Po said goodbye for a final time. Po was the boo shouter in the US Version.
- Po was the missing Teletubby in the UK Version. Laa Laa was the missing teletubby in the US Version.
- The Tubby Toast segment was featured in the VHS Here Come the Teletubbies.
- The Ned's Bicycle video was featured in the VHS Favourite Things
- After the Teletubbies watch the Animal Parade, a fade effect is used to the Magical Windmill stops spinning animation.
- The original windmill animation from this episode is also used in See-Saw, Larette Tap Dancing and The Gingerbread Boy.
- When the Teletubbies go to line up at the Magical Event place, they giggle. However, they are silent in most of the other episodes whenever they go to the Magical Event place.
- The Sun Baby's laugh in this episode is noticeably different from her laugh in following episodes.