|Numbers - 8|
10 October 1997
The Teletubbies walk around some hills and fall down. Then the Teletubbies watch some children learning about the number '8'. Then eight clouds appear in Teletubbyland, Laa-Laa bounces her ball eight times, Dipsy counts eight flowers and Tinky Winky does eight turns. The Animal Parade marches through Teletubbyland and the Magic Windmill stops spinning for Tubby Bye-Bye.
Featuring: The Children of Duncombe School, London
Plot (US American Version)
The Teletubbies walk around some hills and fall down. Then, the Teletubbies watch some children learning about the number "8". After that, eight magic clouds appear in Teletubbyland, Laa-Laa bounces her ball eight times, Dipsy counts eight flowers and Tinky-Winky does eight turns. Soon the Windmill spins and the Teletubbies go to watch the Magic House with a Singing Puppet man singing on the Top Left Window. Then it is time for Walking Dance and the "Tubby Bye-Bye" sequence takes place.
Featuring: The Children at Treasure Island School, Florida
- The opening segment is re-used from Making Flowers but with different music and a different windmill animation afterwards. This episode's version was later used again in The Pier.
- This episode was featured on the DVD Teletubbies: Happy Birthday!
- The US Version of this episode has The Magic House (Top Left Window) instead of The Animal Parade and The Walking Dance was also added.
- Dipsy was the boo shouter in the UK Version, In the US Version, Po was the boo shouter.
- Laa Laa was the missing Teletubby in the UK Version, but Tinky Winky was the missing Teletubby in the US Version.
8 Objects (UK Version)
- 8 Bottles
- 8 Children
- 8 Buses
- 8 Apples
- 8 Dustbins
8 Objects (US Version)
- 8 Mailtrucks
- 8 Children
- 8 Pelicans
- 8 Children (again)
- 8 Feet
- 8 Fire Rescue Trucks (ambulances)
- 8 Flags
- 8 Sandcastles
- 8 Earth Movers (diggers)