The Jumping Dance is the first of the dances that the Teletubbies do.
It was first shown in the episode Our Pig Winnie. This dance shows the Teletubbies dancing on a hill. They jump around to the music and walk around and jump, towards the end Po walks in the opposite direction to Tinky Winky Dipsy and Laa Laa. Then she walks over towards Tinky Winky and each Teletubby does their own jump. Tinky Winky ends the dance by falling over and rolling away while Dipsy, Laa Laa and Po laugh and say 'Bye Bye' to Tinky Winky.
The Jumping Dance appears in some various episodes:
- Our Pig Winnie
- Humpty Dumpty (extended version)
- Swimming with Stephanie (extended version)
- Ned's Potatoes (extended version)
- Dance with the Teletubbies (VHS) (extended version)
- Fun with the Teletubbies (extended version)
Later on in the series, a second version of the dance was shot which showed the Teletubbies dancing on the path near the Windmill. This is the only dance or even anything in Teletubbies that has a re-shot version of it.
- Washing Up
- Irish Dancing
- Long Horns
- Feeding Baby Penguins
- Let's Dance!
- Teletubbies: Happy Birthday! (Irish Dancing)
- Jumping (US Version)
- In the extended version of the original dance, the background music has been enhanced to a military/marching band style.
- In the original extended version of the dance, when Tinky Winky does his jump, he falls over and then gets back up and they all jump around together. But then he falls and rolls away and the dance ends. In the shortened version, he falls over and rolls off straight away, while the other Teletubbies laugh say goodbye to him.
- The second version has 2 alternate endings. The first one is Tinky Winky rolling away while we see a close up shot of Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po laughing and saying 'Bye-Bye' to him (as the dance usually ends). The second one shows them laughing at a different angle. Then the camera moves back to reveal Tinky Winky sneaking up behind them. Then he shouts 'Eh-Oh' and runs back down to them and the Windmill starts spinning.
- The second version is common in Lion and Bear episodes.
- In Feeding Baby Penguins, when Tinky Winky sneaks up behind the other Teletubbies and says 'Eh-Oh' to them, they turn around and laugh and cheer. Then when he runs back down to them, they have a Big Hug and do the whole dance again (Unlike the original version). After the dance is over, the Magic Windmill stops spinning for Tubby Bye- Bye.